Every day I wonder why we never installed a banquette in our dining room. Considering the space is so small, the only real solution is banquette seating. Not only would the seating be maximized, but the additional storage would be fantastic. Over time I’ve tagged several shots of dining rooms/breakfast nooks that have banquettes. Here are a few of my favourites:
I’m always amazed to see a banquette with a table that has four legs. Personally, I think a centre-supported table not only functions the best but also looks the best.
Take a tour of Trish Snyder’s eco-friendly kitchen (pictured above) to learn more about her banquette.
1. Remodelista blog, photography by Sean Karns
2. Lonny Sept/Oct 2011 issue, photography by Patrick Cline
3. Remodelista blog, room designed by Marmol Radziner
4. Abby’s Road blog, from Living Etc
5. House & Home May 2008 issue, photography by Donna Griffith