Kitchens & Baths 2011 Is Here!
Kitchens and bathrooms are such important spaces in our homes. We spend a lot of time in them and they’re highly functional spaces, so if they don’t work well, we quickly notice — there’s a reason why they’re among the most renovated rooms in a home!
If you’re thinking about completely redoing your kitchen or bathroom, or just want to go from bland to beautiful with some quick finishing touches and a little character, head to the newsstand for a copy of Kitchens & Baths 2011 (on sale until August 14). You can also order a copy online or check out a digital version! Whichever way you decide to look at it, our latest special issue is full of fabulous stories:
- Before-and-after kitchen makeovers, plus designer tips on how to survive a renovation
- 15 kitchens with colour, from a little to a whole lot
- Buying guide: countertop essentials
- A showcase of custom vanities in four key styles, plus matching faucets
- On-trend bathrooms — bringing fashionable looks home
- Bathroom accessories perfect for adding panache to your space
Be sure to enter our annual Kitchens & Baths contest, too, for prizes worth over $5,000!
Of course, you’ll also find stories by some of your favourite House & Home personalities. Editor-in-chief Suzanne Dimma transformed her tiny second kitchen into a gorgeous French pied-à-terre–style space (pictured above). Michael Penney went hunting for fabulous finds with one goal in mind: they all had to be quick and beautiful ways to add colour to kitchens. Test your design savvy by guessing which chairs go with Cameron MacNeil’s top kitchen table picks, plus check out how he adds personality to a boring builder’s beige bathroom in this special installment of his Ask A Designer™ column. Personality — now that’s something every room could use!
1. Cover kitchen, Patrick Cline
2-3. Angus Fergusson