5 Easy Pantry Pasta Recipes You Can Make In A Pinch
Craving comfort food for dinner? These mouthwatering pasta recipes can be made using what you have in your pantry. From spicy tagliatelle with an unexpected ingredient to rigatoni with dollops of creamy ricotta, these delectable dishes — that can be whipped together in no time — will have you saying delizioso!
The Ultimate Mac & Cheese
If you’ve got macaroni, cheddar, milk and breadcrumbs, you’re most of the way there. This version amps up the ooze and crunch with Fontina and prosciutto (optional).
Get the recipe for The Ultimate Mac & Cheese.
Skillet Cypriot Spaghetti
Conjure thoughts of warmer weather with a one-pan pasta using rotisserie chicken, halloumi cheese, fresh mint and zingy lemon zest. It’s a lighter way to do comfort food.
Get the recipe for Skillet Cypriot Spaghetti.
Baked Rigatoni With Sausage & Ricotta
All the flavors of lasagna without the fuss! Start with a simple marinara sauce, add crumbled sausage, creamy ricotta, sharp parmesan and a good sprinkling of mozzarella.
Get the recipe for Baked Rigatoni With Sausage & Ricotta.
Golden Tagliatelle & Greens
A gorgeously fragrant pasta with the flavors of a coconut curry and a secret base of sweet carrot juice.
Get the recipe for Golden Tagliatelle & Greens.
Orecchiette With Tuna, White Beans & Radicchio
Bright fennel and peppery radicchio pair perfectly with cupboard staples of canned white beans, Italian tuna, garlic and chili flakes.
Get the recipe for Orecchiette With Tuna, White Beans & Radicchio.
What To Buy: The Pasta Pantry
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Chicken stock with no added salt
- Tomato paste in a tube
- Good-quality dried pastas
- Pine nuts and other nuts
- Jarred artichoke hearts in brine or olive oil
- Jarred cannellini beans
- Whole Italian plum tomatoes
- Green or black olives
- Jarred Italian yellowfin tuna in olive oil
- Dried porcini mushrooms
- Roasted red peppers
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cured sausage (spicy or sweet) and bacon
- Anchovies in olive oil
New Books For Pasta Lovers
- Felidia: A book of favourite recipes from Lidia Matticchio Bastianich’s beloved New York restaurant.
- Gennaro’s Pasta Perfecto: The man who taught Jamie Oliver everything he knows about Italian food shares tips, tricks and recipes.
- American Sfoglino: Chef and master pasta-maker Evan Funke teaches you how to make and work with handmade pasta.