A cocktail recipe from Esquire’s Drink Like A Man.
Admittedly, there’s not much to the ol’ Cape Codder. Made right, though, it’s pleasant and refreshing and just a little bit surprising.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 to 3 oz. cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 lime
- Ice cubes
- Club soda or seltzer water
- Lime wheel or sprig of mint for garnish
Directions Yield: Makes 1 drink
- Pour 2 oz. vodka or — and here’s what will make it surprising — good, flavorful white rum into a Collins glass. Add 2 to 3 oz. cranberry juice cocktail, the juice of ½ a lime (some leave this out), and a couple of ice cubes. Stir.
- Top off with chilled club soda or seltzer water (some leave this out, too, doubling the cranberry; we don’t).
- Garnish, if you wish, with a lime wheel and/or a sprig of mint.