Charred Brussels Sprouts with Spicy Lime DressingRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Adapted from Momofuku by David Chang and Peter Meehan.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 fresh red finger chili, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- Puffed rice cereal, for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- In bowl, whisk garlic, vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and Sriracha. Transfer to lidded glass jar. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil brussels sprouts until al dente, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl of ice water. Cool, drain, cut in half, and dry cut-side-down on paper towel. (This can be done up to 4 hours in advance, and sprouts can be refrigerated.)
- Heat oil in large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring, until charred and hot, 5 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to platter. Drizzle with some dressing. Sprinkle with chili, mint and rice.