September 2, 2015
Boneless, skinless breasts will work for this; keep in mind the cooking times will vary. The tahini sauce is also a winner drizzled on fish, roasted cauliflower and grilled eggplant.
Yield: Serves 6
- To marinate chicken, whisk oil, curry powder and garam masala in mixing bowl. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Transfer chicken with marinade to airtight container. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To make tahini sauce, place tahini in mixing bowl. Whisk in rest of ingredients up to paprika, one at a time, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to airtight container. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
- When ready to make sandwiches, preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken with marinade in roasting pan in single layer. Bake until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- To make salad, combine cucumber, tomato, onion and parsley in mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss.
- Slice chicken and serve with salad, tahini sauce and pita and let each person build their own sandwich.
House & Home September 2014