Chopped Market SaladRecipe By: Eshun Mott
Crunchy and creamy, sweet and spicy: these texture and flavor juxtapositions transform flavorful summer produce into this delicious salad.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp grated garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced mini cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 cups wedged radishes
- 200 g (7 oz.) sugar snap peas, stem ends removed, stringed and cut into 1⁄2″ lengths (about 1 1⁄2 cups)
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp roasted salted chickpeas
- In jar or small bowl, combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and garlic, and shake or whisk to combine. Add chives and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In serving bowl, combine cucumbers, radishes, peas and avocado. Drizzle dressing over top and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper, cilantro and chickpeas, and serve.