April 20, 2017
Creamy Spring Risotto With Fresh Pesto, Asparagus And Ricotta
Traditional risotto cooked on the stovetop requires constant hand-stirring and monitoring. But using the ActiFry, you can prepare it while attending to other things.
Yield: Serves 4 as a main course
Make The Pesto Garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the basil in the ActiFry and cook for 5 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant and pine nuts are golden brown.
- Remove mixture from ActiFry and allow to cool before adding basil. Do not wipe out ActiFry bowl.
Make The Risotto
- In a pot on the stove, boil the water with the salt.
- Meanwhile, toast rice and scallions in ActiFry for 4 minutes, or until scallions are soft.
- Add the boiled water to the ActiFry. Close the lid and set the timer for 30 minutes. You can check on it once to ensure that most of the rice is submerged in liquid.
- After 30 minutes, add the chopped asparagus and, if the rice is looking dry, add another cup or so of hot water. Set timer for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check rice and asparagus for doneness. If necessary, add a bit more liquid and set for 3 to 5 more minutes. It is fine if the risotto looks a bit watery as the liquid will continue to be absorbed as it sits. The finished rice grains should feel quite firm, but not crunchy, in the centre.
- To finish, add pecorino to risotto and either hand-stir through or allow the ActiFry to stir for a few seconds. Transfer to a serving dish and top with a few teaspoons of ricotta, drizzle with pesto and serve immediately.