October 22, 2014
Crunchy Salmon and Quinoa
Cooking the salmon on high heat for a short period of time makes for a bronzed crust and extra-moist fish. Serve it with a sweet and slightly spicy quinoa salad for a nutritionally stunning meal.
Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare marinade: pour soy and mirin into a large dish; add ginger and garlic. Place clean, dry fish fillets into marinade. Let sit for 15 minutes, flipping midway.
- To prepare quinoa, rinse in a sieve under cool water until water runs clear. Add quinoa and 2 cups water to a pot, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add marinated fish; fry 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate.
- Using a butter knife, spread hoisin sauce on top and sides of each fillet, then top each with 1 tbsp sesame seeds. Place fillets on an oiled cookie sheet; bake in preheated oven for 4 minutes.
- For salad, in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey and chili flakes. Whisk in olive oil until combined. Add warm quinoa, green onions, orange segments and salt and pepper to taste. Serve quinoa salad alongside salmon.
House & Home September 2011