October 31, 2016
Donna Hay’s Mini Prosciutto And Cheese Soufflés
Try this recipe for Mini Prosciutto And Cheese Soufflés from Donna Hay’s new cookbook, Basics To Brilliance.
Yield: Makes 12
Cheesy Soufflé Mixture
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring, for 5–8 minutes or until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Remove from the heat. Add the egg yolks, ricotta, gruyere, parmesan, mustard, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the egg whites and extra egg white in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form.
Prosciutto And Cheese Soufflé
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Lightly grease 12 x ½-cup-capacity muffin tins. Line each tin with 3 prosciutto halves. Set aside.
- Add one-third of the soufflé mixture’s egg white to the cheese mixture and, using a metal spoon, gently fold to combine. Add the remaining egg white and gently fold to combine. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve soufflés warm, puffed and golden straight from the oven, with slices of buttered sourdough toast.