March 15, 2016
Easy Eats: Skillet Pork Chops With Lemon Potatoes and Arugula
In this simple weekday supper, juicy seared pork chops and crispy potatoes wilt a bed of peppery arugula.
Prep time: 7 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towel. Season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare rest of dish.
- Place potatoes in pot. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil over high heat. Add salt. Boil until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain. Cool briefly and cut in half.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops. Cook until nicely browned and lightly pink inside, 4 minutes per side, slightly longer for well done. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil and potatoes to pan. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Add garlic. Stir 20 seconds. Stir in lemon zest. Season.
- On four plates, make a bed of arugula. Top each with potatoes and pork chops. Spoon any
juices from pork over top. Serve with lemon wedges.