November 25, 2021
Eggnog Basque Cheesecake
Try this Eggnog Basque Cheesecake from the new cookbook, Well Seasoned: A Year’s Worth Of Delicious Recipes.
“Even though it looks and sounds fancy, Basque cheesecake is the easiest baked cheesecake out there. Thanks to the eggnog, spiced rum and nutmeg, I can’t think of a more decadent and jaw-dropping wintry dessert.”
Yield: Makes one 10" cheesecake
Make Whipped Cream
- Whip cream, icing sugar, rum, and vanilla on medium-high speed, just until soft peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease 10″ springform pan with cooking spray. Using 2 overlapping pieces of parchment paper, line greased pan by pressing parchment along bottom of pan and haphazardly up sides, leaving any crinkles and folds and making sure parchment reaches at least 2″ above rim of pan. Place pan on baking sheet and set aside.
- In large bowl or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, place cream cheese, sugar, salt and nutmeg, and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping bowl down at least 3 times.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, mixing well and scraping down bowl between each addition. Add cream, eggnog, rum and vanilla. Mix on low speed just until combined.
- Remove bowl from its stand and sift flour over top. Reattach bowl and continue to beat on low speed just to incorporate, about 30 seconds, scraping down bowl halfway through.
Bake and Serve Cheesecake
- Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared pan, bake for 50 minutes, then increase temperature to 425°F and bake until cheesecake is deeply golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature before removing it from pan and peeling away parchment paper.
- Serve cheesecake at room temperature or chilled, topped with dollop of Rum Whipped Cream and grating of fresh nutmeg. This cheesecake will keep covered in fridge for up to 5 days.