June 15, 2018
Frangipane And Rhubarb Tart
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1.5 hours
This recipe calls for a 9″-square tart pan, but any similar size tart pan with a removable bottom will work.
Yield: Serves 6
- In food processor, pulse flour, salt , sugar and butter until mixture has pea-size pieces of butter distributed throughout.
- With processor running, add water and whirl just enough so dough forms a ball. Turn out onto counter and press into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Crack eggs into food processor, then add all remaining ingredients. Whirl until mixture is smooth paste.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Roll dough out into 1/4″-thickness. Transfer dough to tart pan, making sure to press it into corners and sides. Cut excess, leaving no overhang.
- Spread frangipane evenly overtop dough. Nestle rhubarb into frangipane, leaving them half-exposed.
- Bake tart for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 350ºF and continue baking for another 20-25 minutes, or until the crust and frangipane are golden brown and rhubarb is tender. Should the top brown too quickly, cover tart loosely with aluminium foil.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with soft whipped cream.