Ginger Cranberry ChutneyRecipe By: Eric Vellend
This savory chutney will please those who find traditional cranberry sauce too sweet.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion (about 3⁄4 lb.), diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 12-oz. bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions Yield: Makes 3 Cups
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, 10 minutes. Add ginger. Cook 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Raise heat to medium. When bubbling, reduce heat to maintain simmer. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 8 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Transfer to lidded glass jar. Refrigerate up to 1 month.