Ginger Egg-Fried RiceRecipe By: Amy Rosen
Pair your main dish tonight with a side of this Ginger Egg-Fried Rice for a simple but tasty spin on Asian Fusion.
- 4 tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 cups cold cooked white rice, medium to long grain, such as jasmine
- 1 2″ knob fresh ginger, peeled with the side of a teaspoon, then grated (to equal about 1 tbsp)
- 3 large eggs, beaten with 1 tsp salt and 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 4 green onions, root ends and dark green ends discarded, whites thinly sliced
Directions Yield: Serves 4
- Heat oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add cooked rice and toss thoroughly to coat each grain. Add ginger, stir for 1 minute, then add beaten eggs and quickly stir and toss to combine with rice for 2 minutes, or until egg has cooked into creamy-looking granules. Taste for seasoning; add more salt if needed.
- Add green onions, stir 1 minute, and serve as a side dish to your fish or seafood main.