Green Bean SaladRecipe By: Amy Rosen
This salad is best served at room temperature, but it should be made at least 1 hour ahead. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving. (Keep refrigerated if preparing more than 2 hours ahead.)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 6 medium white button mushrooms (the firmest and freshest you can find)
- Small wedge Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 pinches fleur de sel or any finishing salt
- To make dressing, whisk together lemon juice, oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Set aside.
- To make salad, toast hazelnuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat until golden, watching so they don’t burn. Remove from heat and let cool. Then, roughly chop.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add beans and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender. Drain and immediately place beans in an ice-water bath. Once cooled, drain beans and pat dry. In a large bowl, toss beans with half of the dressing and arrange on a serving platter.
- Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, slice mushrooms as thinly as possible, then layer on top of beans. Using a vegetable peeler, shave 10 strips of Parmesan on top. Finish with toasted hazelnuts and drizzle with remaining dressing and fleur de sel.