Heirloom Tomato & Blue Cheese SaladRecipe By: Eric Vellend
If you can get your hands on it, use the piquant Dragon’s Breath blue cheese from That Dutchman’s Farm in Nova Scotia.
- 1 Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 1 large handful watercress or baby arugula
- 2 ½ lb. assorted heirloom tomatoes
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp best-quality balsamic vinegar
- 3 oz. blue cheese, thinly sliced
- Chives, cut into 1/2 ” lengths, for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- On a serving platter, make a bed of endive and watercress or arugula. Cut small tomatoes in half, medium tomatoes in slices and large tomatoes into wedges. Arrange over greens. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Place blue cheese on top or to the side. Sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.