September 22, 2022
Herby Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
Total Time: 45 minutes
“The crunchy seeds and the herbs are the shining stars, so do not skimp on either. Also, the secret to the chickpeas is panfrying them in a little bit of butter.”
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add seeds and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden and toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer seeds to plate.
- To same skillet, add butter, chickpeas, oregano and pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chickpeas are crisped all over, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large serving bowl, combine kale, arugula, cucumbers, sun-dried tomatoes, dill, basil and chives. Add crispy chickpeas and toss to combine well.
Make Vinaigrette and Assemble
- In medium bowl, whisk 1⁄3 cup of reserved sun-dried tomato oil with lemon juice, vinegar and honey. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad. Toss to coat. Top salad with toasted seeds, goat cheese and avocado, and serve.
Half Baked Harvest: Every Day by Tieghan Gerard