February 2, 2015
Chef Miheer Shete’s Homestyle Herbed Bannock
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sift flour into a large stainless steel bowl or bowl of stand mixer fitted with dough hook attachment.
- Add dry ingredients, combine gently or on low speed.
- Add chilled butter and work it until it’s the size of small sweet peas.
- Add yogurt and slowly work until it forms a mass.
- Lightly dust dough with flour until it pulls away cleanly. Knead dough approximately 20 minutes, until ingredients come together.
- Cover entirely and rest in fridge for 2 hours. Dough may feel hard when it comes out of the fridge; that is due to the fat solidifying. Turn dough out into balls, roll according to preference and bake in preheated oven. Alternatively, cook in a skillet as pancakes, 2 to 3 minutes each side. For best results, prepare and cook dough the same day.