Laura Calder’s White Wine Gravy RecipeRecipe By: Laura Calder
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Food Network star Laura Calder shares her recipe for White Wine Gravy. Get more of her Thanksgiving recipes in the October 2017 issue of House & Home, on newsstands from September 11.
- Reserved pan drippings
- ½ cup white wine
- Chicken stock, up to 3 cups
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions Yield: Makes 4 Cups
- Pour contents of roasting pan into a clear measuring cup and allow fat to rise to the top. Skim off fat and discard. Measure juices and top up with enough chicken stock to reach 4 cups in total.
- Place empty roasting pan on the stove over medium heat. When pan is hot, add white wine and cook, scraping up all the flavorful caramelized brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Sprinkle flour into pan and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup drippings and whisk until smooth. Whisk in remaining drippings. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer until it’s thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Strain before serving if desired.