March 24, 2016
Le Dolci’s Vanilla Cake Recipe
Yield: 1 – 6” round cake
- To make the cake, beat the butter and sugar. Cream until color turns pale.
- Gradually add eggs one at a time. Scrape the bowl and make sure everything is combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients.
- Add alternating dry and wet ingredients in to the batter.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes at 325°F.
- To make the buttercream, cook sugar and egg white over a double boiler until 160ºF. Beat the meringue into hard peaks with whisk and let it cool down. Add in salt.
- Add chunks of soft butter and vanilla extract with a paddle until smooth. Add in your additional flavorings.
- For instructions on how to assemble the cake, click here.