October 22, 2014
Lemon and Pepper Fettuccine Alfredo
What could be better than tender noodles coated in a creamy alfredo sauce? The zing of lemon and black pepper adds a modern note to this indulgent classic.
Yield: Serves 4
- To a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add 3⁄4 cup cream. Stir in garlic, butter, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, allowing cream to reduce and slightly thicken, making sure it doesn’t boil over.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add remaining cream to sauce, then add lemon zest and juice and cheese. Stir to incorporate and let simmer another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add pasta to boiling water and stir. The noodles should float to the top and be cooked within 3 to 4 minutes. (If using dry fettuccini pasta, cook until al dente, following package directions.) Drain pasta in a colander.
- Pour sauce into the empty pasta pot, add in pasta and stir to coat, then dish it out into warm bowls and top with parsley and more cheese.
House & Home September 2011