Lemon and Pepper Fettuccine AlfredoRecipe By: Amy Rosen
What could be better than tender noodles coated in a creamy alfredo sauce? The zing of lemon and black pepper adds a modern note to this indulgent classic.
- 1 cup whipping (35%) cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 lb. fresh fettuccini noodles (or, for a more rustic look, buy fresh lasagna noodles and cut them into long strips)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, chopped
Directions Yield: Serves 4
- To a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add 3⁄4 cup cream. Stir in garlic, butter, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, allowing cream to reduce and slightly thicken, making sure it doesn’t boil over.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add remaining cream to sauce, then add lemon zest and juice and cheese. Stir to incorporate and let simmer another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add pasta to boiling water and stir. The noodles should float to the top and be cooked within 3 to 4 minutes. (If using dry fettuccini pasta, cook until al dente, following package directions.) Drain pasta in a colander.
- Pour sauce into the empty pasta pot, add in pasta and stir to coat, then dish it out into warm bowls and top with parsley and more cheese.