Maple Chili BroccoliRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 long red chili, finely sliced
- 3 lb. broccoli
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted salted cashews, chopped
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- Whisk maple syrup with fish sauce, cider vinegar and chilies. Set aside.
Bake And Dress Broccoli
- Arrange rack in lower third of oven. Preheat to 500°F.
- Leaving broccoli intact, peel stalks and trim dry ends. Quarter each stalk vertically, forming long, thin “trees.”
- Spread on large baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake 15 minutes or until bottom of broccoli is dark brown. Flip and cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from oven and pour maple sauce over broccoli in pan. Sauce will sizzle. Roll broccoli in sauce. Transfer to platter. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with cashews.