Mediterranean Orzo SaladRecipe By: Claire Tansey
Deceptively simple to make and laden with fresh basil, sun-dried tomatoes and creamy goat cheese, this salad will be the quiet hit of any summer party. This dish can also be made a day ahead.
- 1 lb. orzo pasta
- 1 cup pitted kalamata or niçoise olives, coarsely chopped
- 8 oil-packed sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 140 g (5 oz.) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling salted water for about 7 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cooled. Drain again.
- Combine olives, sundried tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Add cooked orzo and stir well. Stir in goat cheese and basil just before serving.