January 18, 2016
Miso Soba Soup With Tofu & Mushrooms
Umami-rich ingredients like miso paste and soy sauce boost flavor without adding fat in this warm and nourishing soup.
Yield: Serves 4
- Place stock in 4-L saucepan over high heat. When it comes to boil, add mushrooms, cover and turn off heat. Let stand 20 minutes. Remove mushrooms. Trim and discard stems. Thinly slice caps. Set aside.
- Place miso in small bowl. Thin with a little hot stock. Add to pot with rest of stock. Taste and adjust salt. Keep stock hot over low heat.
- In large pot of salted water, boil noodles according to instructions on package. Drain. Divide among 4 large, deep bowls.
- When noodles are almost done, place tofu, seaweed and mushrooms on large plate. Microwave on high until heated through, 1 minute.
- Divide hot stock among bowls. Divide tofu, seaweed and mushrooms among bowls. Garnish with onion. Serve with sesame seeds or shichimi togarashi.