January 24, 2020
Mushroom Agrodolce Chicken Thighs
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Braising boneless chicken thighs in just enough liquid gives you tender meat and the perfect amount of sauce. Serve with potatoes or buttered noodles.
Yield: Serves 4
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large skillet or sauté pan on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl.
- Working in batches, add chicken and sear for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, or until lightly golden on both sides. When seared, remove thighs from pan and set aside.
Sauté Additional Ingredients And Braise Chicken
- Add remaining oil and mushrooms to pan and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, or until browned. Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add wine and balsamic vinegar, and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until reduced by a third. Add chicken stock, thyme, bay leaf and reserved chicken thighs in single layer (liquid should come almost up to top of chicken).
- Bring liquid to a simmer and cover pan most of the way. Simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes, turning meat once, or until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
Finish Sauce And Serve
- Stir mustard into braising liquid, turn heat up to medium-high and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Return chicken to sauce and serve.