Oats & Ivy’s Healthy Ginger Molasses Cookies
Marina Cortese, holistic nutritionist and owner of Oats & Ivy, shares her recipe for Healthy Ginger Molasses Cookies.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 2 chia eggs (see step 1 in recipe)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cloves
- Pinch of black pepper
- Mix 2 tbsp of chia seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Let sit and stir occasionally until texture is gooey and gel-like.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl, mix together almond butter, molasses, chia eggs and grated ginger, until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Combine with wet ingredients and mix together.
- Using a spoon, drop the dough 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for about 8 minutes. The cookies will puff up during baking but will flatten and crackle as they cool.
- Cool on baking sheets as this will allow the cookies to firm up.