December 5, 2018
Orange-Cranberry Sticky Toffee Puddings
This decadent dessert can be made a week or two in advance, so freeze them until Christmas Eve. You and your family will be in for a sweet surprise.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a saucepan, bring 11⁄4 cups water to a boil. Add vanilla, baking soda and cranberries, stir, then set aside to cool. Butter 8 1⁄2-cup ramekins.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar. In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add eggs to butter mixture and beat until combined. In a third bowl, sift flour and baking powder together and fold into batter. Fold in cranberry mixture, orange zest and salt.
3. Divide mixture evenly among the ramekins, then place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife along the edge of the ramekins and turn out onto serving plates.
4. To make toffee sauce, in a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and cream and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Add Grand Marnier and stir until thickened.
5. To serve, drizzle each cake with warm toffee sauce.