Pink Lady ApplesauceRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
My favorite apples for making applesauce are Pink Lady apples because of their pink hue and balanced flavor. But if you prefer a more tart sauce, try using Granny Smith apples instead.
- 3 Pink Lady apples
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions Yield: Serves 8 (makes 2 cups)
- Chop apples, skin on, into 1 inch pieces, discarding core.
- In pot over medium-high heat, combine apples, sugar and water. Stir to coat apples.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until apples are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain apples, reserving cooking liquid.
- Place cooked apples into blender and purée until smooth, adding as much cooking liquid as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Cool to room temperature. Store, covered, in fridge for up to 1 week.