Ricotta Gnudi With Lemon Sage Butter SauceRecipe By: Melanie Dunkelman
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 3 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 6 tbsp flour
- Pinch black pepper
Lemon Sage Butter Sauce
- 9 tbsp butter, divided
- 3 to 6 tbsp lemon juice, divided
- Sea salt, to taste
- 18 sage leaves, torn, divided
- 6 tbsp Parmesan cheese, divided
Directions Yield: Makes Approx. 36 Gnudi
Prepare Gnudi Dough
- Beat ricotta cheese, eggs and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on high, 3 to 4 minutes until fluffy. Add Parmesan cheese and beat 1 minute until smooth. Add flour and beat on low until flour is well incorporated and dough forms.
- Place dough in fridge to chill until slightly hardened, about 20 minutes.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Put small amount of mix into palm. Dip small spoon into boiling water then use spoon to shape mix into small football-shaped noodle.
- Drop formed gnudi into boiling water. Repeat to use up all batter. Once gnudi float to top, let cook another 4 to 5 minutes or until firm. Test one to check if cooked through before transferring all gnudi to an ice-water bath. Let cool.
- Transfer cooled gnudi from ice water to a platter to dry. Set aside.
Finish Gnudi & Make Sauce
- When ready to serve, drop 12 gnudi in pot of boiling, salted water and cook until they float to top.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tbsp butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice, pinch salt, 6 sage leaves, 1 to 2 tbsp gnudi cooking water and 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese and mix until sauce is emulsified.
- Transfer floating gnudi from pot to frying pan with slotted spoon. Toss gently to coat with sauce. Repeat with more sauce and more gnudi until all gnudi are cooked.