January 28, 2015
Roasted Asparagus And Cheese Tart
This recipe makes 2 tarts, enough to serve a crowd.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a bowl, toss asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Roll out 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry on 2 pieces of parchment paper, creating 2 large rectangles (roughly 10″ x 15″, or 11″ x 14″). Using a paring knife, score a line around the perimeter of the rectangles, about 1″ from the edge to create a border. Place each pastry rectangle and its parchment paper on separate baking sheets. Using a fork, poke holes all over pastry within the border, so that this part of dough will remain flat during cooking while the border puffs up.
- Crumble package of Boursin cheese within the border of each tart, then sprinkle 1/2 cup gouda on top of each.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer evenly over the cheese on each tart and lightly brush tart borders with egg wash.
- Bake until asparagus is tender and pastry is golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle each tart evenly with mint leaves. Let cool slightly before slicing into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.