October 5, 2016
Roasted Squash With Maple-Chili Tahini
Kabocha squash gets a sweet and spicy flavor kick from the sauce.
Yield: Serves 6
Prepare And Cook Squash
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Scrub squash well to clean. Using a sharp knife, remove cap of squash like you were carving a pumpkin. Scrape out and discard seeds and pulp.
- Score squash skin in 6 places from top to bottom using a sharp knife. Cuts should be about 1⁄4″ deep. Brush inside and outside with oil. Sprinkle inside of squash with cumin and coriander and season whole squash with salt.
- Bake 45 minutes or until squash is tender and skin begins to pull away where it has been scored. Reserve.
- Whisk tahini with water until smooth. Stir in vinegar, maple syrup and chili. Depending on thickness of tahini, add 1 to 2 more tbsp of water. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
Assemble And Dress
- Pull apart squash and lay pieces on platter. Scatter with arugula and drizzle with sauce.