January 8, 2020
Planta’s Zucchini “Spaghetti” With Charred Tomato Salsa
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Adapted from Chef David Lee’s Zucchini Spaghettoni recipe at Planta restaurant. This zucchini sauce is delicious over spiralized vegetables and also suits pasta noodles. It’s a great dish for grain lovers and carbophobes alike!
Yield: Serves 2
Make Charred Tomato Salsa
- Preheat oven to broil. Place tomatoes on baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes, or until black. Flip and char other side.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Place charred tomatoes in blender and whirl until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
Make Pumpkin Parmesan
- Heat small frying pan over medium heat.
- In dry pan, add pumpkin seeds and cook for a few minutes, or until lightly golden. Let seeds cool.
- In blender, combine toasted seeds, yeast and salt. Blend until finely ground. Reserve.
Make Zucchini Sauce
- In large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add zucchini and turn to high heat. Sauté 5 minutes, stirring, until zucchini begins to tenderize.
- Add onions, chili flakes, rosemary and garlic. Cover with water and cook 2 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- In large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add spiralized vegetables and cook 2 minutes, turning and stirring, until tender-crisp.
- Add 2 cups zucchini sauce. Stir to coat until sauce is heated through.
- Remove and divide between plates. Top noodles with generous spoonful of charred tomato salsa.
- Drizzle olive oil over noodles and top with sprinkle of Maldon salt, Pumpkin Parmesan and toasted pumpkin seeds.