April 21, 2022
Apple Cranberry Crumble
Try this easy Apple Cranberry Crumble from the new cookbook: A Pot, A Pan, And A Bowl.
The trick to making a crisp, clumpy topping is to squeeze the clumps a little.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and butter large cast-iron skillet.
- Combine apples, cranberries, sugar, flour, 1/4 tsp of salt and lemon juice in large bowl, and toss well. Transfer to skillet. Dot top with cold butter pieces.
- Wipe out bowl and make topping. Add flour, almonds, oats, brown sugar, ginger, nutmeg and 1/4 tsp of salt to bowl. Toss to combine.
- Cut butter into 5 or 6 pieces. Work butter in with your fingers until topping is evenly moistened.
- Squeeze clumps of topping in your palm, a few tbsp at a time, and scatter them over fruit.
Assemble And Bake
- Bake until crumble topping is golden and crisp and fruit juices are bubbly, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool on rack, and serve warm or at room temperature.
House & Home April 2022. Excerpted from Lidia’s a Pot, a Pan, and a Bowl by Lidia Matticchio Bastianich and Tanya Bastianich Manuali. Copyright ©2021 Tutti a Tavola. Photography by Armando Rafael. Published by Appetite by Random House, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved