Autumn Slaw with Dijon DressingRecipe By: Eric Vellend
A mandoline will make quick work of the vegetables in this salad. Juniper berries can be purchased at most bulk stores and better food shops.
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 small head red cabbage (about 1 lb.), cored, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on bias
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 16 juniper berries, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- Fennel frond (for garnish)
Directions Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- To make dressing, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- To make slaw, combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add dressing. Mix gently until combined. Mound in serving bowl. Garnish with fennel frond.