Best Chicken Noodle Soup EverRecipe By: Dyan Solomon
Soups are special at Olive & Gourmando. We put a lot of effort into our soups, because frankly, soup is one of my favorite things to eat. I love it when a surprising garnish elevates a simple soup and alters our preconceived ideas about what that soup should taste like.
- 2 skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas, room temperature
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 10 cups homemade chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt for the chicken stock
- 1/4 package (1 lb bag) of best-quality spaghettini, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups finely grated aged Pecorino cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a shallow roasting pan, drizzle the chicken breasts generously with olive oil and toss to coat them completely. Add the garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Roast the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes until just cooked through. Allow to cool slightly, then shred by hand and set aside (do not refrigerate).
- In a bowl, toss the peas with the mint, and season with a bit of salt. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken stock, butter, lemon juice and the 1 1/2 tsp salt to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes (season with more salt, if needed). Add the pasta and cook until it is almost al dente. Stir in the shredded chicken and finish cooking the pasta. Remove the pot from the heat.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual bowls, then garnish with a generous spoonful of the pea-mint mixture, some Pecorino cheese, a drizzle of olive oil and lots of cracked pepper. Serve immediately.