November 26, 2015
Blueberry Buckle Cake
Yield: Makes One 9- x 12-Inch Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9- x 12-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, sift together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together ¾ cup sugar and ½ cup butter. Add egg and milk mixture and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 4 tbsp flour, 4 tbsp butter, ¾ cup sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan slightly before serving.