Burger-Joint SlidersRecipe By: Eric Vellend
These sliders rely on beef from a reputable butcher, who grinds it on-site. Sear the patties ahead of time, finish them in the oven during the party and pop into pre-dressed buns.
- 1 1/3 lb. regular to medium freshly ground beef, loosely packed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 6 thin slices processed cheese
- 12 sesame seed slider buns
- Ketchup to taste
- Mayonnaise to taste
- 12 bread-and-butter pickles
Directions Yield: Makes 12
- Using a 1⁄3-cup measuring cup, portion off disks of lightly packed beef to make 12 patties. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over high heat until hot. Place 6 beef patties in skillet. Flatten each to a 2 1⁄2″-daim. circle with spatula. Season with salt. Cook until crust forms, about 1 minute. Flip, season and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to parchment-lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut each cheese slice into 4 equal squares. Place 2 overlapping squares on top of each patty. Bake until cheese melts and burger is done to your liking, 3 to 4 minutes for medium.
- Lay out slider buns. Sauce bottoms with ketchup and mayo. Top with patties, pickles and bun tops. Serve immediately.