Canadian Bacon Bonanza Sundae
If you dream of an incredible dessert that blends salty and sweet, creamy and crunchy, bacon and ice cream, then today is your lucky day. Try one of our favourite recipes from Smucker’s that is absolutely to-die-for and will have your taste buds begging for more.
- Candied Bacon
- 6 strips uncooked bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 strip candied bacon, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Smucker’s Sundae Syrup Caramel Flavoured
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 large scoop (about 1 cup) maple ice cream
- Additional bacon for garnish
- Additional caramel syrup
- Combine bacon and brown sugar in small bowl, making sure that sugar evenly coats both sides of bacon.
- Place bacon on barbecue grill over medium heat, and grill 3-4 minutes per side or until crispy and golden brown. Cool.
- Combine syrup, crumbled bacon and sea salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place ice cream in serving dish. Drizzle with caramel bacon mixture. Garnish with additional bacon and caramel syrup if needed.