December 14, 2016
Candy-Cane Beets With Basil-Wrapped Goat Cheese And Horseradish Cream Sauce
Yield: Makes 12 Skewers
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss beets in oil and roast in small pan, 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Peel beets and slice into 1⁄4″-thick pieces. Slice each piece into triangles.
Prepare Goat Cheese Balls
- Roll 1⁄2 tsp goat cheese into ball. Repeat with remaining goat cheese.
- Wrap 1 basil leaf around each goat cheese ball.
- Thread 1 goat cheese ball and 1 beet piece onto a skewer. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Mix Horseradish Cream Sauce ingredients together in bowl. Serve alongside skewers.