August 14, 2018
Cauliflower Steak Provençal
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Anchovies add a salty, briny taste to the sauce, but they can be omitted to make this recipe suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Yield: Serves 4
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and anchovies and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until garlic is tender. Add tomatoes and increase heat to medium. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add olives, capers and onions and cook 1 more minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, about 400ºF.
- Remove green leaves from cauliflowers and trim stems to create flat base. Slice cauliflowers in half, down center of stems, leaving cores intact.
- Slice off two 1″ to 1 1/2″ steaks per cauliflower (you will have 4 steaks total). Reserve extra florets for another use.
- Brush each steak with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill and close lid. Cook 3 minutes, or until well charred. Flip and cook another 3 minutes.
- Turn off a portion of grill, setting it up for indirect cooking. Flip cauliflower again and move to indirect heat. Close lid and cook 5 more minutes, or until tender.
- Remove to a platter and spoon sauce overtop. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.