Chicken Burgers With Green Goddess GuacamoleRecipe By: Eric Vellend
In the mood for a burger? Skip the beef and feast your eyes on this special in-house chicken burger recipe. For burgers, I prefer using a soft bun such as challah, potato, or brioche. The patties can be formed and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance
- 4 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onions
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 11⁄2 lb. ground chicken (dark meat)
- 2 oz. thinly sliced pancetta, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large, softbuns
- Condiments of choice, for serving
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- To make guacamole, place lime juice and onion in mixing bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Add avocado flesh to bowl. Mash with potato masher. Stir in rest of ingredients. Transfer to airtight container. Press plastic wrap against surface. Refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- To make burgers, combine chicken, pancetta, Dijon, garlic, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. With well-oiled hands, form into patties to fit buns you’ve chosen. Place patties in airtight container separated by plastic wrap. Chill at least 1 hour to let flavors develop and for patties to firm up.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Clean and oil grate. Grill burgers until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve on buns with guacamole and condiments of choice.