Chocolate Caramel-Corn FudgeRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Total Time: 10 hours, including setting time
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 oz. chopped dark chocolate, about 1 cup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups caramel popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup roasted salted peanuts (optional)
Directions Yield: Makes 1 loaf pan
- Butter a 5″ x 9″ metal loaf pan and line neatly with parchment paper, allowing a 1″ overhang.
- Combine cream, sugar, chocolate, honey and salt into a 3-quart heavy-gauge pot over medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium and bring mixture to gentle boil. Stop stirring as overmixing can can result in a grainy texture. Continue to cook, without stirring, until mixture registers 238°F on candy or digital thermometer, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Cool, Mix And Set Fudge
- Immediately pour mixture into heat-safe bowl. Stir in butter. Let cool undisturbed 1 hour or until mixture registers 110°F to 115°F on candy or digital thermometer.
- Mix with spatula several times causing mixture to thicken.
- Fold in 1 cup popcorn and 1⁄3 cup peanuts, if desired.
- Pour into prepared pan. Spread fudge to sides of pan using offset spatula. Top with remaining peanuts and popcorn.
- Let fudge cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic, and let rest at room temperature 8 hours or overnight.
Cut And Store
- Lift fudge from pan and cut into slices or squares as needed.
- Store in airtight container in fridge up to 1 week.