Sarah Richardson’s Cranberry-Apple CrispRecipe By: Sarah Richardson
- 3 cups tart apples, such as Granny Smith, chopped into 1″ cubes
- 3 cups frozen cranberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, such as demerara
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, such as demerara
- 2 cups organic oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup, divided
Directions Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss apple pieces and cranberries with lemon zest, dark brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in large mixing bowl.
- Place oven-safe ramekins on a baking sheet. Divide mixture evenly among each ramekin.
- In separate mixing bowl, slice butter into small pieces. Add dark brown sugar and oats to butter and blend with hands until mixture is crumbly. Mix in half of maple syrup.
- Distribute topping evenly over ramekins. Drizzle remaining maple syrup overtop.
Bake And Serve
- Bake until topping crisps and turns golden and fruit juices are bubbling around edges of ramekins, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream, or for a healthier alternative, Greek yogurt (mix 1 cup plain Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp brown sugar to sweeten).