July 12, 2017
David Rocco’s Cauliflower Puttanesca
Yield: Serves 6
1. Heat olive oil in large sauté pan or pot over medium-high heat.
2. When oil shimmers, add onion, anchovies, olives and capers, and sauté a few minutes until anchovies start to dissolve and onion starts to soften.
3. Stir in chili flakes and tomatoes, then add cauliflower.
4. Cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks, or until cauliflower is tender.
5. Once cauliflower is ready, put large pot of water on to boil. When water boils, salt it and drop in pasta. When it’s about two-thirds of way cooked, drain pasta, reserving 1 to 2 cups of cooking water.
6. Transfer pasta to sauce along with some of reserved cooking water. Turn off heat. Top with cheeses and drizzle with olive oil. Give everything a stir, then rest 5 minutes so flavors come together.