Fennel & Orange SaladRecipe By: Angela Marotta and Melissa Marotta-Paolicelli
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large fennel bulb with fronds (to yield 6 cups, sliced)
- 4 large radishes
- 3 seedless oranges
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup good-quality, extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- Cut off top of fennel bulb and reserve fronds. Cut bulb into quarters and remove most, but not all, of the core. Using mandoline or sharp knife, thinly slice fennel and radishes. Set aside.
- Cut peel and pith from oranges and slice into rounds. Set aside in bowl, scraping juices from cutting board and squeezing juice from trimmed orange ends into smaller bowl.
- In smaller bowl, whisk orange juice with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer fennel, radishes and oranges to serving dish. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with reserved fronds.