Italian Gelato SundaeRecipe By: Angela Marotta and Melissa Marotta-Paolicelli
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Look for preserved Italian Amarena cherries in syrup in gourmet shops and Italian grocery stores.
- 1 cup Amarena cherries in syrup
- 2 pints vanilla gelato
- 1⁄2 cup lightly salted crushed pistachios
- 8 Italian wafers or biscotti
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of Amarena cherries into each of 8 coupe glasses. Sprinkle each with 1⁄2 tablespoon of pistachios.
- Add 2 small scoops of gelato and top with more Amarena cherries and crushed pistachios. To garnish, tuck a wafer into each sundae.