April 16, 2018
Fresh Pasta Dough Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
This dough can also be made using a food processor.
Yield: Makes 1 lb., serves 4
- In large bowl, stir flour with salt. Create a well and add yolk, eggs and oil. Fork whisk, working from the inside out until it has a shaggy texture.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and squeeze to gather dough together. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. If dough is too dry, sprinkle with drops of water and if too wet, dust with flour. Cover in plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. To make dough with food processor: Pulse flour with salt. Whisk yolk, eggs and oil in bowl, then add with processor running. Process until dough begins to form a ball, about 30 seconds. Turn out onto surface and gather into a ball, cover and rest, as above.
- Cut dough into quarters. Keep extra dough wrapped as you work with each piece.
- Flatten first quarter of dough into rectangle shape.
Roll Out Pasta
- Leading with narrow end, run dough through pasta machine at widest setting.
- Fold each end of pasta into center, then fold one end on top of the other. Run through widest setting 3 more times, always leading with narrow end of dough.
- Run pasta through next setting 3 times then each of remaining settings once (6 settings in total).
- Keep rolled-out dough covered to keep from drying out. When ready to use, cut into desired shape.