Golden Pecan BallsRecipe By: Nancy Elliott
These snowy orbs are rich, buttery and crunchy with nuts. Golden syrup gives them a unique, toffee-like flavour.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted European-style butter (84% butterfat), softened
- 1⁄4 cup Lyle’s golden syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar, sifted
Directions Yield: Makes 20
- In medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In an electric mixer, beat butter, syrup, and vanilla until smooth, 1 minute. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add dry mix until combined. Fold in pecans. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Form dough into 1″ balls. Place on parchment-lined baking tray 1 1⁄2″ apart. Bake until lightly golden, 30 to 35 minutes. When cool enough to handle, roll in icing sugar. Return to tray. Cool completely. Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.