Golden Tagliatelle & GreensRecipe By: Eshun Mott
This vibrantly sauced pasta has the flavors of a coconut curry and a secret base of carrot juice. If you can find smoky coconut chips (sometimes called coconut bacon), it’s a great foil for the sweeter elements.
- 400 g tagliatelle
- 1⁄4 cup virgin coconut or olive oil
- 1 cup diced shallot
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrot juice
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- 142 g box baby cooking greens mix (spinach, kale, Swiss chard)
- 1⁄4 cup smoked or toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, for garnish
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add tagliatelle and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
Make Sauce & Greens
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for four minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Add garlic and ginger, and sauté for one minute, or until just beginning to toast. Add ground coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili flakes, and sauté for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add carrot juice and bring to a boil. Simmer for four minutes, or until thickened. Add coconut milk and simmer for two more minutes, or until thickened and flavorful. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add greens and simmer for 2 more minutes, or until just wilted.
- Place tagliatelle in skillet and toss to combine, adding a bit of pasta cooking water, as needed, to loosen. Top with toasted coconut flakes and serve.